[python] Cautionary tale

  • From: Kurt Rutter <tokabago@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 21:16:07 -1000

Just a cautionary tale...
I was rambling along nicely with my python on my neighborhood street,
building confidence to go on a real ride, when I lost control (for no
obvious reason) and crashed at 8 or 10 mph. I had crashed on grass plenty of
times so kicked off the pedasl and rolled. Unfortunately the cleat on my
left foot stuck in the rough asphalt and I ended up rolling over my leg. The
big BANG I heard was mt tibia and fibula snapping as I flipped the bike.
Ouch. The python was fine thanks to the fine german design and craftmanship,
but I was lying in the road thanking god (and I'm an athiest!) the neighbors
did not see me . My son drove me to the hospital. Now I sit with my leg in a
cast and want to pass on to the python family...keep your legs up! Fall on
your bum but keep those legs up.
Conventional bikes tend to break shoulders, necks, heads. Recumbents (I
assume of all kinds) tend to chew up the legs instead. Probably a fair
trade, but thought I would add my cautionary tale to the python knowledge
base. Legs up!
Kurt

--
Kurt Rutter, RN, MSN