[python] Re: Building a cargo style trike

  • From: Paul Needham <paul.2.needham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 07:47:29 +0100

Hi all

Sorry but I am new to this mailing list format and don't seem to know how to add to my own post when I get the mail in digest format [ need to look that up ].

Thanks for all your replies , I think initially this will be a 2 x front brake trike and have a shortish wheel base of 36"

If there is insufficient cargo space I will look at making a different rear end.

The sliding idea did not work as I cannot find any tubing with a loose enough fit to slide inside another piece far enough to make it work.

I had another idea of a 3 bolt extending rear end , a bit more work but better I though , however that won't work properly as I realised the rear boom out to the axle slopes down to the pivot.

This means any change in wheel base by moving the axle will cause the pivot angle to change DOH !

Progress can be followed here :-

http://forum.atomiczombie.com/showthread.php/8210-Building-a-python-trike

regards Paul