[python] Australian Python (a little off Topic)

  • From: Colin Morton <iron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:17:15 +0800

Hello Jürgen,
Thanks for the "Kanga" suggestion that would be an ideal name if I was building a clown bike with eccentric wheels so it would jump about.
In Australia we have many variety of snakes (Brown Snakes, Copperheads, Death Adders, Red-Bellied Black Snakes, Taipan Snakes and Tiger Snakes)

http://www.angelfire.com/ns/cir/pages/snakes.htm

http://www.qmuseum.qld.gov.au/features/snakes/

I even found a news group called aussiepythons

 http://www.aussiepythons.com/

We call the Brown snakes here " King BROWNS" that and Taipan are my two favourite names.

The queens land museum site describes Taipans
The Coastal Taipan is potentially the world’s most dangerous land snake. This is due to the combination of
large size; highly potent venom; and a ‘nervous’ disposition,
which means it will bite with little provocation.

Hmm First I have to build it. Then we will see if it bites.

>>I have been thinking about the pivot bearings and I may have an
>>alternative solution soon.
I have crushed my finger badly so I have some time on my hands while the skin grafts take. So I am thinking quite a lot.

Jürgen Mages wrote:
Hi Colin,

great to have you back on the list.

Your postings are quite rare but they are VERY
helpful.

I have  been thinking about the pivot bearings and I may have an
alternative solution soon.
I am away from work for several weeks and would be available to machine
up any ball bearing type pivots. I dont know what the freight would
cost. I know that it only takes a few days airfreight to Europe.

Does this mean that you are about to start building?
If yes, I would propose the name "kanga" fot the first
australian python ;-)

Best regards from Jürgen.