[python] Re: Arm-assist pedalling

  • From: bepb <bepb@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 00:22:19 +0100

Hi Marek,
guess I was coming from my python which uses a geared hub. Adding a second sprocket should be possible and you could still build like this. But you are right, considering a dérailleur configuration, two separate chains toward the hub are not possible without losing the gearing.
The tandem-drive would solve this.

Gerald

Am 11.01.2014 15:36, schrieb bnmm@xxxxxxx:
...so a new tube would be needed, see tandem-drive2.png-
Marek

On 11.01.2014 15:14, bnmm@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Gerald,

Besides the option off pressing on your thighs, obviously you cold
add an additional crank set for the hands like this:
Python_with_add_hand_drive
Wouldn't that require two synchronized gears? How about
tandem-drive.png? The additional gear train (green) would be a direct
transmission on the left side, so a tandem drive chain would be needed.

Best regards,
Marek

---
Diese E-Mail ist frei von Viren und Malware, denn der avast! Antivirus Schutz
ist aktiv.