[python] Re: Arm-assist pedalling

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 08:42:01 +0100

That sums up my own experience with arm-assistance: Good for bursts - I guess until the stored oxygen/atp in the arms muscles is consumed - but no additional speed in the long run. The only advantage might be the arms/upper body workout.

On 22.02.2014 00:11, Uipko Berghuis wrote:
Not python related. But my experience between thys rowing bike and m5
sp559 is that the sp559 is more efficient than the rowing bike. As I
understood from others is that it's not the leg muscles but the
lungs/heart that are the limiting factor. So for short bursts legs+arms
could be better, on the long run legs alone are strong enough to burn
all the fuel your body can provide.