[python] Re: Another Newbie

  • From: bepb <bepb@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 10:24:15 +0100

Hi Frank,
guess the problem is that 24" wheels are mostly used in children bikes and rarely equipped with disk brakes. If you really need the disk brake you will need some luck too, buy a custom wheel, or build the wheel yourself.

In Germany the main stream is 36 spokes for any wheelsize from 20" to 28". Most wheels/hubs/rims you will get here for cheap will be for 36 spokes.

In a trike, the wheels will have to take a lot more lateral force. Some more spokes won't hurt, neither smaller rims.

Gerald

Am 18.01.2014 18:30, schrieb Patrick van Gompel:
Hi Frank,

I have 24" rear wheels on my trike and built them myself (see: http://cycle.free-creativity.com/images/pythonjet2.jpg). I didn't think it was hard, but if you are no bike mechanic, then you can always go to a shop and let them build one for you. Basically you need a hub, a rim and spokes. There are plenty of rims and hubs for 32 spokes (36 spokes is a bit much for a 24" wheel).

No idea in what price range you are looking. If you want new stuff you will go quickly to 100 euros (40€ hub, 20€ spokes, 20€ rim).
Does your bike already have disc brakes?

Greetings,
Patrick

Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 17:08:13 +0100
Subject: [python] Re: Another Newbie
From: mtb.eagle@xxxxxxxxx
To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jürgen and the others :-)
Thats fine that I' m not alone :-)
Yesterday I drove often to the city and so and had a good day. Nothing went wrong and I can drive really fast. But now I have another Problem, I search for an 24 Inch Wheel with disc brake and with ''Kassettennabe''. But when I look in the Internet I only find very very expensive wheels and then only for ''Schraubkränze'' :-(
Does anybody of you had an Idea where I can get cheaper wheels?
Have a nice rest of the day
Frank