[python] AW: Re: front brake with two cables

  • From: "Tobias Gommel" <tobias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 17:46:27 +0200

hi listees,

i have to agree with torben. as far as i know only in the netherlands
bikes with just one break are allowed. please think of possible
consequences, for example in case of an accident. we don?t need
technical inspection ( so far?) on our bikes, which i think is good. .
what we DO have, like it or not, is law and order, including a must of 2
breaks, lights, reflectors etc. i do not wish any accident to nobody and
i am no security-freak, but if i were an agent of a securing company
having to deal with a pythonaut having caused any damage and if i found
out he only had one break i would surely find ways to get out of
responsability, leaving my poor pythonaut way out there in the rainy
cold. who wouldn?t?  and: lowracing is not taking a walk, it is a risky
thing .

what if the break gets hot? happens a lot hereabout.

nice evening, greetings,

tobi

From: dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx
To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 22:58:56 +0200
Subject: [python] front brake with two cables

Hi listies,

I  solved the rear brake problem! I have now only one brake again on my
python but to independ cables running to the front brake. See
attachement. The solution is quite simple .. and the braking power is
tremendous. Even at slow speed I am now able to lift my rear wheel up by

braking, something I never managed before on this bike. Now I only hope
it holds...

dirk