[python] Re: AW: Re: Questions about Python-Trike geometry (project similar to Howard Stevens foldable Python trike)

  • From: mchannon <mchannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 11:27:56 -0400

Hi

For traction climbung hills it helps to have a low centre of gravity (low seat
height).  With a low COG there is less weight transfer to the rear wheels on
climbing a hill.

The next python trike I build will also allow the rear end to pivot about its
length.  That way the rider can remain verticle on cambered roads.  My first
python trike did not do this and I found it less than ideal on a cambered road.

Mike Channon
London, Ontario, Canada