[python] Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Questions about Python-Trike geometry (project similar to Howard Stevens foldable Python trike)

  • From: Frank Schmaus <frank.schmaus@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 17:14:06 +0200

That ist true yes. But on the other hand I realy like the python-foldable thing, that I postet in the first mail. The whole python idea is very cool for a foldable construction, as there is no chain going along the bike. But maybe I will give a rear wheel drive alternative a good thought. Maybe it can also be build foldable when using a second chain with a chain wheel exactly at the folding-axis.

But on the other side I remember a video of an eastern european guy who built a python-lorry, carriying his whole family uphill on some sandy tracks. I think I have to search for that video once more...

Am 28.07.2011 17:05, schrieb Gerald:
Hi Frank,
Obviously You can ride a trike uphill as slow as you like. But, at least in my expirience, going uphill with a front wheel drive trike - or bicicle at that - your limit might not be your power to pedal, but traction. If your front wheel slips excessivly, you will have a poor and exhausting ride going uphill with a trike, even more so with the bike.

The issue is that if you pedal uphill, you dynamicaly deload the front wheel, and load the rear wheel. Good for rear wheel drive bike.