[python] A nice ride - sunburn - "girly man"

  • From: "Daryl Bender" <darylb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:58:12 -0400

I can relate to that (sun-cream is only for girly types) although along my
life's journeys I have eventually learned that screen for long exposures is
prudent, that it's not good to MIG weld on hot days in flip-flops and
shorts, nor is it good to Oxy & MIG weld all -20°C winter day in the garage
with the doors closed thinking the heat will keep you warm. "Metal Fume
Fever" must be experienced to be believed. Hell I even learned once it's
good to wait for the router (1" straight cutter 1.5" long) to completely
stop before bending over to inspect the cut. The ensuing twisting of my
denim crotch and clacking & ripping of metal fly-buttons taught me that
sometimes lack of prudence could turn one *into* a "girly man" ;-D

Daryl - then there was the time in the basement I had to wrestle in the dark
with a big grinder with dual wire brushes (plugged into an overhead light)
that buzzed off the bench & snapped the light. Being "He man" my natural
inclination was to catch it. Have you ever fought something with impressive
gyro forces (in the dark) that is ripping the crap out your chest and arms
and tearing your shirt to ribbons. Only "Girly men" fasten down the grinder
rather than just push it back. Yes, I could tell you stories, a lot of
stories!

"He-man Daryl" ;-D