[python] A newbie question: is it worth buying a tig welding machine (instead of a mag) for better results?

  • From: <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 18:32:35 +0200

Hi,

A newbie question: is it worth buying a TIG welding machine (instead of a MAG) for better results? I can't use a blowtorch as my landlord won't allow it. I'm somewhat short of money anyway, so, if a MAG is good enough, is it advisable to buy a used one? Are there minimum requirements/specs with a MAG to be fit for bike welding?

Regards,
Marek

Marek Möhling
Berlin, Germany