[python] Re: A Bicycle Can Be Self-Stable Without Gyroscopic or Caster Effects

  • From: Vi Vuong <vi_vuong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 20:33:03 -0700 (PDT)

How about a really heavy front tire?  I have been wanting to use car tires like
those cool choppers, to build an exercise machine (slow, heavy, abs workout...)
, but maybe it can be used for the riderless experiment also.  The 30-lb spare
tire should have enough momentum to overcome BB flopping; see attached.  Rear
wheel probably should be small, say ~16in, with added weights if necessary.
 Also, I am not sure if pivot should be variable or just fixed at 60 deg.

Vi