[python] 4bl

  • From: Laurent Dechenne <laurent.dechenne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:47:31 +0200

I d'ont now if i uderstand something to all of this, but m'y idee is the radius of turning not limited by the 4 bl but by the espace between the legs. We wave this sorte of configuration, but with a "virtual pivot.

TIFF image

Then i thing we can seet on the front part and have a rear weel drive with a positive trail...on the front weel
Somthing like this

JPEG image

and have the perfect recumbent to my eyes: direct front weel drive, with "classique" steered angle and positive trail...and all of that realy low...

If i'm nor wrong, i thing the virtual pivot is shifting when we turn... that was may be the bigest problem of this principe... and how to calculate an axeptable shifting of the virtual pivot..?

Like Jürgen say : 4 short peaces of head tube for the pivots in the linkage, i thing, was the good idee

And y vote for: Vython, the buddha bike.  :)

I c'ant waiting any more, y begin to cut my 4 short head tubes... :)

ps: i hope you understand wath i say... if not, i ask again to Ralf for translation... thanks to him.

Laurent