[python] Re: 20" python, modified

  • From: Ray Schümacher <mtb@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:44:05 -0700

At 12:24 PM 4/26/2005 +0200, you wrote:
>>Totally agreed - braking lightly and pedalling downhill is the obvious
>>solution - it just feels kinda wrong..
>
>You don´t have to brake as long as you pedal fast enough.
>Problem is that if the hill is very long you´ll get faster and
>faster. And what happens if you suddenly stop pedalling
>at a speed of 80 km/h? - I better do not imagine this ;-)

Then imagine you engage the steering damper - at 80, you don't need much steer!
How about this: a Teflon bushing that slides over a greased shaft (under the
seat) as you steer. The bushing is on an arm connected to the front, and the
shaft is connected to the rear frame. The bush has a clamp like a seat post
quick-release to activate. If there is any stick-tion, vibration at speed
should make it go away.
I can't ride fast/far enough to test it yet...

Ray