[python] Re: 2 Questions

  • From: Dirk Bonné <dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 22:57:01 +0200

joao ricardo boff preichardt wrote:

> I have 2 doubts and would like to listen your opinion.
>

> 1)     I have seen some python with handlebars below de seat. Maybe
> because
>
> it help the beginners. Must I welding it on the front side or on the rear
>
> side?

Depends. I use handlebars on the front, but mostly just to rest my hands
on them (http://dirkb.dnsalias.net/python.html) . I find them useful to
maneuver in very short turns (U turns on small roads) and I feel more
secure at high speeds. But it is said it is more difficult to learn to
cycle with them, as you have to learn to steer with your feet and not
with your hands, and the handlebars will slow down that process.

> 2)     About the point to put the seat, or put the CG of the seat.
> Must I to
>
> try welding just over the pivot table, correct?

Put the pivot about at the border of the seat. It is not such a
sensitive thing, as long as you do not put the pivot totally behind or
in front of you. See the photos on this page:

    http://www.python-lowracer.de/projects.html

they all have the pivot more or less at the same place place.

What you really determine when setting the pivot is the negative trail
(and IMO it should be as low as possible).

dirk