[pygep] Re: unable to download PyGEP

  • From: "Ryan O'Neil" <ryanjoneil@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Blubaugh, David A." <dblubaugh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 16:36:07 -0500

Hi David,

setuptools (http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/setuptools) is a
prerequisite for PyGEP, as it is for an increasing number of new
Python projects.  The easiest way to get started is by following the
directions on this page:

http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall#installing-easy-install

You can then do a:

python setup.py test
python setup.py install

Also note that 0.3.0 was a dev release.  The posted docs are for the
somewhat more stable 0.2.1.  The examples all work in 0.3.0 so you
shouldn't have any issues using it, just be aware of the difference.

Cheers,
Ryan