[py-lmdb] Multiple environments to avoid write lock?

  • From: Jonatan Heyman <jonatan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: py-lmdb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 08:50:43 -0800

Hi!

I'm new to LMDB and python-lmdb, but so far I find it really promising and
well documented.

I'm writing an app where I plan to use LMDB to store records in three
different named databases. One action in my app might result in hundreds or
thousands of read/writes to these databases. If I've understood LMDB
correctly, there is a global write lock for each Environment. Would it then
make sense for me to store my different databases in three different
Environments, in order to decrease the time spent waiting for write locks?

Best,
Jonatan