[purejavacomm] Re: Raspberry Pi ?

  • From: QtuTrains <Howard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: purejavacomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 07:49:06 +1300

On 30/10/2013, at 3:19 , iain macdonnell wrote:

> Has anyone been able to get PureJavaComm working (reliably) on
> Raspberry Pi? If so, what Linux distribution are you using? I'm
> thinking about trying it, but thought I might get a head-start .. or
> maybe get saved from wasting my time :)

It worked extremely well for me when I was testing it last year. That was with
Wheezy (soft float), but it should work just as well with Raspbian (hard float)
because PJC doesn't have compiled code in it so isn't hard-soft dependant.

If you have problems check you have a good power supply to the Pi - lots of USB
chargers have thin high-resistance cables and volt drop on the cable is an
issue.

Howard Amos