[purejavacomm] Re: PureJavaComm with Arduino Micro on Windows

  • From: Kustaa Nyholm <feedback2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: purejavacomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 21:08:33 +0200

Please email feedback2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 08/11/2013 21:07, Kustaa Nyholm wrote:
If you mail me the window JTermios and PureJavaSerialPort I will
try to do a release over the weekend.

cheers Kusti

On 08/11/2013 21:00, "ant elder"<ant.elder@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

You're a star Kusti, the CancelIoEx is indeed the problem, my shutdown
code is running on a separate thread.

I can't easily contribute the fix quickly due to my works IP
restrictions, but is there any chance you could get a release out with
that update?

Thanks again,

   ...ant

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 1:40 PM, Kustaa Nyholm
<feedback2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On 06/11/2013 22:05, ant elder wrote:

   Any ideas on this one?

Please turn on the logging to see if any of the calls inside the
close() fails.

It looks like it is waiting for a write to finish, do you
have a write in progress/pending?

Is the write in the same thread as close, obviously not if it
is pending, so it maybe that the CancelIo inside close
fails to cancel that.

We should probably try to use CancelIoEx...
you could try to modify that ... just follow the pattern of
how the CancelIo call is implemented in WinAPI class,
see here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa363792(v=vs.85)
.aspx

I may check that myself, but not right now, I'm busy with
other things.

br Kusti

--
Kustaa Nyholm
Research Manager, Software

Please note our new telephone and fax numbers!
Tel: +358 20 7795 572 (direct)
Fax: +358 20 7795 676
GSM: +358 40 580 5193
e-mail: kustaa.nyholm@xxxxxxxxxxxx

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify
the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying,
disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly
forbidden. We will not be liable for direct, indirect, special or consequential
damages arising from alteration of the contents of this message by a third
party or as a result of any virus being passed on or as of transmission of this
e-mail in general.