[purejavacomm] Re: PJC and RXTX behaviour when USB unplugged

  • From: QtuTrains <Howard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: purejavacomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 12:26:57 +1300

On 10/11/2013, at 19:20 , Kustaa Nyholm <feedback2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please turn on the logging and send it to me.

On re-test (after another reboot) I noticed an exception (bad params to read)
that only occurs once on aafter a reboot, so that was what locked up the port.
Having fixed the issue my App can close and re-oopen the port after its plugged
back in and all works well.

While running these tests I noticed something strange (probably not PJC
related):

Sending and receiving 35 byte packets, 20 times a second, my CPU usage (summed
between my App and the kernel, long after the JIT has finished its work) is:

At 38400 baud: 7.7%
At 76800 baud: 14%

As the baud rate should be handled by the dongle I don't see why the Mac's CPU
load should be so much higher. All the extra was in the kernel.

Has anyone else seen this sort of behaviour?

Howard