[purejavacomm] Re: Fwd: Version 0.0.13 released

  • From: Kustaa Nyholm <feedback2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: purejavacomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 22:01:11 +0200

On 18.11.2012 21.40, Ytai Ben-Tsvi wrote:
Thanks for doing that! I'll check that this new release fixes issues I've
been seeing as it should.
What is the process of getting this out of "experimental" status?

Well, there is no very definite process, ideally I would
hear from users on various platform some feedback weather it
works or not.

I've run the test suite on Mac OS X (Mountain Lion) and
it passes the whole test suite, same on 32 bit Ubuntu.
ATM I've not had the opportunity to try it out on Windows,
no FreeBSD or Solaris and no 64 bit Linux.

I've not really touched the Windows backend so it should be
be good but of course the refactoring of how timeout
and threshold are handled plus the use (or actually
non use on Windows) of pipes to wake the read
from come may have exposed some latent issue with
Windows backend.

I hope to hear from a user some feedback on running
the code on Raspberry and if that turns out ok
and I don't hear anything to the contrary I will
try to find a Windows to test this on and if all
goes well I likely change the status within a few
weeks.

br Kusti