[pure-silver] Re: unsharp lens

  • From: Chauncey Walden <clwaldeniii@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 15:45:27 -0600

Nick Zentena wrote:

http://www.butzi.net/rodenstock/apo-sironar-s/page2.htm

Don't know if that's your version or not.

No, I believe it's the older Sironar N. However, unless it is misassembled or the view camera components are out of spec, I doubt that on the same film at the same magnification using a reasonably small aperture you could tell the difference between the Rodenstock and the Zeiss. They both are probably diffraction limited by f/11 anyway. Of course the assumption is a stable tripod and no wind.
Chauncey