[pure-silver] Re: tank and tray cleaner

  • From: "Edward C. Zimmermann" <edz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:08:44 +0200

Quoting Matthew Gaylen <mgaylen@xxxxxxx>:

> that was the recipe I had. How many grams would be more appropriate?

Its typically, I think, 90g per liter in the Kodak formula... But....

I have some commerical cleaner sold by Tetenal. According to its label
the concentrate for the cleaner is 5-15% Sulferic acid and 10-25% Sodium
Dichromate. Its neutralizer is listed as sulfite. The concentrates are
mixed 1+24 so 1 liter of working (re-usable) cleaner is less than 1%
Sodium Dichromate and less than 25% of 15% Sulferic acid--- if I'm not
too tired. So its, indeed, here something like under 10g leading one
to think that your recipe, while less chrome than the standard chromic
acid cleaner, is still fine..

> On Sep 21, 2004, at 8:31 AM, Richard Knoppow wrote:

Edward C. Zimmermann, Basis Systeme netzwerk, Munich
Office Leo (R&D):
   Leopoldstrasse 53-55, D-80802 Munich,
   Federal Republic of Germany