[pure-silver] Re: shot of a print

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 08:49:17 -0700 (PDT)

These were printed in late '01 and early '02 and hung
in a school with light impressions grey corrugated
backing and a rag overmat covering all but about 3/16
of an inch of the white border.

Presently it's unknown if the school had been painted
recently, but other prints there are OK.

Storage and atmosphere may be an issue but I've had
this occur one other time (totally different prints)
within 6 months to a year of printing.

I'm going to compose a note to Steven Brieley and
Micheal Bain @ Harman since I met them earlier this
year, and see where they can direct me and perhaps get
some kind of analysis done.

This has happened once before with a couple 5x7's but
we attributed it to storage of the prints in an
envelope of unknown construction.

YET, I break the rules w/my own work and have lots of
old prints of mine that have been sitting in Kodak and
Ilford boxes for years with no displayed ill
effects....yet.

I am mystified.

Eric