[pure-silver] Re: short developing times

  • From: "Speedy ." <speedgraphic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 02:44:10 +0000

Janet Wrote:
Thank you for all your replies. I will definitely look into the Covington Innovations. I also intend to reshoot the Hassy in the same conditions as before, being very careful with metering, and see what I get. I've never had a problem with the shutter before, but maybe that's the problem. I'll let you all know what I get. Again, thank you!

Janet

I've come to this discussion late.  I've been busy...

Janet, if you got edge print it sounds like your development was OK.

If development was OK that leaves exposure, shutter malfunction, or user error.
I usually like to check the simpler things when solving a problem.

If your shutter were opening at all I would suspect that you would have SOMETHING on the negative. Shutter malfunction is certainily a possibility.

I am only slightly acquainted with Hasselblad equipment, but if memory serves me correctly there should be a dark slide between the shutter and the film plane. Is it possible that you forgot to remove the dark slide before attempting to take your photos? Please don't take offence at the question. I know that I have done that exactl same thing when shooting Large Format...

Good Light!

Speedy