[pure-silver] Re: shamefully off topic

  • From: Shannon Stoney <shannonstoney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 17:51:53 -0500

Can you get a lab to do this for you? I never process color film at home.

I scan transparencies for digital printing.

Sometimes I have a hard time adjusting the color if it's wrong. For example, I shot a neighbor's house at Christmas for their christmas card. I used Velvia 100 with no filtration, and the tungsten light on the porch and the interior lights made the color very weird. The grey exterior turned way red/magenta. I fixed it as best I could in photoshop but it never looked right I thought. Same deal with some inflated Christmas yard ornaments: they turned out really yellow where they were supposed to be white. Those were easier to adjust, but then the sky went weird.

--shannon

On May 17, 2007, at 1:28 PM, EJ Neilsen wrote:

UNLESS you are going to project your slide or use your transparency for
absolute color reproduction, if you are planning on making a print with your
film, you can expose for more of the shadow and pull the film 2 stops.
Practice this and you'll find that it works quite well. You are making it up any ways due to film choice, etc, so let the color go, you will adjust it in
printing and or scanning.

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street
Suite 9