[pure-silver] Re: shamefully off topic

  • From: David Starr <davestarr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 13:28:46 -0700 (PDT)

Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 I pour my RA4 chemicals back into glass storage bottles. I find if the
developer bottle is topped up it keeps fine. Blix never seems to go bad. So I
make up 2x the amount of blix that I do developer.  Some times there is black
crud in the bottom of the bottle. But that's the worst thing I've had to deal
with.

 I also do a prewash with the RA4 paper which stops the paper from sucking up
all the developer. I've told this is bad since it dilutes the developer. But
so far so good. I guess the stop helps protect the blix from the developer
pH.

 Nick
I buy the Kodak 1 gallon RA4 kits and mix one quart at a time.  I process the
paper in a CPP-2, with a pre-soak and a stop bath.  I reuse the chemistry -
70ml per 8x10 print.  I drain each step into a beaker, then pour it back into
the original brown glass bottle when I'm done.  I've had the partially used
chemicals last up to 3 months this way, and can get up to 50 8x10's from a
quart with no degradation of colors.

Retired Shop Rat - 14,647 days in a GM Plant
Web site - www.destarr.com