[pure-silver] Re: [pure-silver]: Regrets

  • From: "Stein" <rstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 17:45:52 +0800

Ah, William,

     Thank you for your enquiry about the calendar. It is a tradition at the
Hazel Leaf Studio that each year I invent yet another excuse to truss my
friends up in historical costumes ( or peel them out of the same costumes )
and produce a calendar. My friends are members of the Grey Company, or the
Perth Rifle Volunteers, or the Belly Dancers, or the Sherlock Holmes
Society, or so on. They can be enticed to dress up, or pop out or whatever
with little effort - they are hams.

     Last year I proposed to the pure-silver list that I would exchange a
2004 calendar for an example of whatever the recipient produced in their own
darkroom - or on their computer. It was an exchange of photos designed to
give me a mini-gallery of sorts, and it was wildly successful. Not everyone
has had a chance to respond yet, but still a good body of varied work
arrived. I am delighted.

     Would you like to participate in the 2005 exchange? This year's
calendar theme is " Pirates ".

    Be warned that the calendars are strictly moral and all of the
participants are clothed. In my studio tar and feathers is considered to be
clothed.

     Uncle Dick