[pure-silver] Re: [pure-silver]: New list

  • From: Ron Schwarz <rs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 17:21:29 -0400

07:38 PM 9/9/2004 +0100, Rob Champagne wrote:

>I thought the reason for being "pure-silver" was exactly that...
"pure-silver".  Include the other lists and it ceases to be "pure-silver".
i.e. it becomes something else which is not what I thought I subscribed to.

>What is the point of a committee?  Surely the issue here is; Who is
prepared to host the list and under what terms? Theirs or somebody else's?
My guess it will be under their terms whether you like it or not.

>So far we have one voluteer who has done something positive and another
who has offered to do something positive.  Where do committe members come
into the equation?  Under whose authority do the committee operate?

The whole "committee" thing IMO smacks of The People's Revolutionary
Committee for The Purpose of Instituting Change for Change's Sake for the
Betterment of The People...blahblahblahblahblah..."

If it works, don't fix it.

--
         Website: http://www.clubvb.com/