[pure-silver] Re: prints stuck together in drymount press

  • From: Shannon Stoney <sstoney@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 08:13:08 -0500

Ha! Uncle Dick is the Julian Schnabel of the photography world.

(JS was just in Houston at a huge fancy party that I was not invited to. It's a good thing because my Manolo Blahniks got chewed up by the dog.)

--shannon

Dear Shannon,

Good for you. You have overcome that slavish desire to present a perfect print. You have realised that you can position the body's natural blind spot right over the rough patch and never see it. As you progress in the craft you can throw away the Spotone bottle, handle unexposed paper with fixer fingers, and leave coffee cup rings on portrait prints. When you become a certified master or mistress of the business you can easily pass off prints that have cat hair, old Q tips and bits of Dorito stuck to the surface.

I know because this has long been the specialty of my darkroom. I must caution you not to glue a dead turtle from the pet store on any of your wedding portraits - this is a registered trademark.

Uncle Dick