[pure-silver] Re: print washer

  • From: Jean-David Beyer <jeandavid8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 10:11:43 -0400

Peter Badcock wrote:
Jean-David, I think I have the same one you used to have. It is an oscillating Paterson auto Print Washer with clear enclosure. And yes
 the rocking mechanism is touchy but liveable with once one knows how
to adjust it.

Here is a pic <http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/23000297/Images/103/cam8303__1.jpg>.

I'm rather concerned now that it might not be replenishing the water
 sufficiently fast at the end opposite the inlet/outlet tubes.
Pretty sub-optimal design now I think of it.  I'll do a dye test and
see what refresh times I get.

When I got my Zone VI print washer, Fred Picker enclosed a test report of print washers by a test lab he hired. I assume Zone VI paid for the testing, so the Zone VI came out first -- about the same as the East Street print washer that was no longer available. The oscillating Patterson tested the worst. They found the oscillating feature was of no use and you got comparable results with it or without it. They made it work about as well as all the others if they built a gizmo that showered the water in the top all over the reservoir. But by the time I read that, I had no interest in making something like that and besides it was not big enough for 11x14 inch prints.

One of the others required much more water.

 ^^-^^ 09:20:01 up 12 days, 17:15, 3 users, load average: 4.75, 4.45, 4.32