[pure-silver] Re: photography teachers top 3

  • From: "EJ Neilsen" <ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 09:25:34 -0500

While I haven't done this in some time, I gave a presentation to a local
camera club a few weeks back. One of the members asked me after the
presentation in the Q&A session that I had included some images that didn't
follow the rule of thirds. So here are my three most important things to
learn about TAKING pictures which is a COMPLETELY different activity than
making print.

Learn how to put film in your camera.

Learn how to control the field of view; appropriate use of depth of field,
what field, how to show motion and not.

Learn the "rules" of photography and break them as often as needed.

Eric Neilsen Photography

4101 Commerce Street

Suite 9

Dallas, TX 75226