[pure-silver] Re: paper speed variation

  • From: Don Sweet <don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 08:18:07 +1200

What an interesting suggestion about paper aging, that it starts from the
date you open it rather than the date of manufacture.

On Saturday I opened a box of grade 4 Ilfospeed that has been sitting around
at ambient temperatures since I bought it some time between 1981 and 1984.
(I don't remember why I bought it, because I only ever seemed to use grade 2
or 3 fibre based paper).  Over about 25 years it has probably dropped a
grade in contrast, but it still seems quite fast in Bromophen, with no fog
at all .

Don Sweet