[pure-silver] Re: light tight louvered vents & warmtone paper

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 13:00:04 -0800 (PST)

Interesting point Mark although 2x6's will raise the floor height in a slightly
cramped space.  It's the floor joists for the attic or ceiling joists for 2nd
floor. I'm not sure how you refer to them.

The floor is mostly unfinished with loose planks,  so we want to pull those old
boards out and replace it with an even floor w/access for junction boxes.  With
the boards out it'll be easy access to the joists, insulate, etc.

Over the last couple weeks we found out how much of a blessing hail storms are.

While the golfball sized hail was coming down I was bemoaning the loss of my
struggling garden plants.  Little did I know the windfall we were about to
receive.  New siding, insulation, window caps, roof for house and garage,
garage joists were sistered and major repairs done there.  With $ left over
they were able to do extra work as well.  What company even tells you there's $
left over?  If you're in the Chicago area I know a great company.
Before
After
The glass block windows shown are in the studio here. :)

On the photo side of things now, I'm printing a large body of work for a famous
portrait photog here and tested Ilford warmtone, Foma WT, and Oriental WT.
Ilford's is barely warm using Ansco 115 developer which is afaik, the warmest
developer one can use @1:4 or 1:5.
Foma was nice but is a dang slow paper.
Oriental WT was the bestest of the lot in Ansco 115 @1:5 for 2-2.5 mins.  It
also has a warm/cream base and I can recommend it if one likes warm toned
prints.  Client has said some prints are the best he's seen of particular
images that had been printed previously.  Many haven't been printed before.
I'd be interested in hearing of any developer that provides warmer results if
there is such a formula.