[pure-silver] Re: light tight louvered vents

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 07:11:26 -0800 (PST)

I have one and it's metal, but I've never installed it.  I think it is meant to
be used inside where it would draw fresh air in via a louvered darkroom fan
which can be installed in an outside window or wall.  My fan was and there was
some rust after years of hanging outside or from the fumes it removed but it
still worked fine.  The electrical and moving parts had not rusted.
There are ways of baffling the light via turns in the ductwork etc, that will
act as a louvered fan for probably less $ and perhaps higher volume of air
moved.
Now if your contractor can weigh in on whether we should sister all our ceiling
joists or just the sagging ones that would be great. ;)