[pure-silver] Re: interesting darkroom tool

  • From: Claudio Bonavolta <claudio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:41:57 +0200

----- Message d'origine -----
De: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 22:46:53 -0700 (PDT)
Sujet: [pure-silver] interesting darkroom tool
À: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>I think I'll stay w/my Jobo but I thought this was
>amusing piece of gear I hadn't seen before.  Looks
>like a mini paint shaker.
>Translated by Google.
>http://tinyurl.com/2bww9o
>or this page here.
>http://www.rhdesigns.co.uk/darkroom/html/tas_film_processor.html
>Eric

I saw it for the first time at the 2002 Photokina, it is supposed to simulate a
manual agitation for those who dislike rotation.
I found it an elegant (i.e. amusing) but useless piece of engineering.
Price was pretty high too ...
Chemical quantities are similar to normal manual agitation and sensibly larger
than with rotation.
You can't stabilize temperature so it is limited to ambient temperatures
processes only.

I'll too stick to the Jobos.
As Jobo has stopped production, it could be good to see a smaller company
starting a production a Jobo-compatible stuff (tanks, processors, etc ...).

Claudio Bonavolta
http://www.bonavolta.ch