[pure-silver] Re: holga focus - and green goo

  • From: Chauncey Walden <clwaldeniii@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 13:27:46 -0700

Mark Blackwell wrote:
Richard the lantern I was referring to was a Coleman Lantern, which was designed to use Coleman fuel.

Just to complete the picture, I have a Coleman kerosene lantern. They were single mantle and had a cup around the base of the generator into which you put alcohol with an ingeneous little can. You lit the alcohol to preheat the generator so that the kerosene would vaporize. It seemed to put out more light than a twin mantle fuel one and was very stingy with the kerosene. I also have a Coleman-like lantern by someone (Thermos maybe?) which is designed to burn leaded gasoline. The generator is oversize to account for the lead fouling. Probably not a good thing to burn indoors!
Chauncey