[pure-silver] Re: holga focus

  • From: Eric Maquiling <emaquiling@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 07:48:22 -0800

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 09:19:33AM -0600, Shannon Stoney wrote:

>Hi, I have a friend who is doing an interesting project in Mexico with
>kids and Holga cameras.  He says that they shot 150 rolls in October,
>but the focus is blurry past about 15 feet, even when the Holga is
>focused on infinity. I have never noticed this before, although it
>could be true.  Is this a "problem" with the Holga?  The shooters did
>change the focus to infinity when they were shooting distant objects.

Perhaps it could be a loose roll.  They don't really stay flat against the
back.  I've put a thin piece of cardboard in the back with a hole for the
counter.  Also, put piece of cardboard under the spools, that keeps it tight.
To check the focus, see if he has an opaque or wax paper, remove the back, go
to a darkened room, light something small, and see the image on the paper (I've
used a 6x6 focus screen from my Hassy.

--
Eric