[pure-silver] Re: fluff

  • From: Steve Nicholls <gl1500@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 11:01:26 +0930

If you want to know the condition of the area you load your film try this simple experiment.

Take an unexposed sheet of film and lay it emulsion side up on your loading area and leave it for 12 hours. Examine it with a good magnifier and you will see how good or bad your dust control is. I have a friend with all the latest Hepa filters etc in his darkroom that has/had major dust problems. He did this experiment with the filters running and not running and the difference was amazing. The filters were a major contributor to the dust problem. An old photographer once gave me some great advice -- you leave dust alone and most of the time it will leave you alone. :)

If you are going to blow out holders with an airline do it outside.

Steve