[pure-silver] Re: fluff

  • From: BILL WILLIAMS <krbill_10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 08:27:43 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know whether or not I'm causing any problems
for myself in the future or not, but I often use a
painter's tac cloth (found in painting supplies at
hardware and paint stores) to wipe down my 4x5 and 5x7
film holders.  I have not found any evidence of this
being a bad idea so far, and I've been doing it for 3
or 4 years.  Maybe Richard would have an opinion on
whether or not it is safe.   It certainly does remove
dust on the holders and the dark slide.  And of
course, I also use the costly canned air at times.