[pure-silver] Re: filter factor

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 13:57:27 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Valvo" <dvalvo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2006 1:47 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: filter factor

The correct way to determine a filter factor is to photograph an 18% grey card with and with out the filter. Then measure the density of each image and determine the LogE difference from the D-logE curve you would get from the process because how you process is important. Now who is going to do that? Meter reading is Kentucky windage. Works for me as I get older.

Dave

----- Original Message ----- From: "Koch, Gerald" <gkoch02@xxxxxxxxxx>