[pure-silver] Re: drips on roll film

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 13:09:43 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chauncey Walden" <clwaldeniii@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2007 8:38 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: drips on roll film

David Starr wrote:

Shannon Stoney <shannonstoney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have some bad drips on some of my roll film that I processed
    recently.

Since I quit using Photo-Flo, I haven't had any problems with drips, spots or streaks. I hang the film up, spray both sides with distilled water, and dry.

Once I found Edwal LFN, the Photo-Flo went into the trash. One drop in distilled water in the wash tank and you are good to go.

Chauncey

LFN is the same stuff as Photo Flo plus some alcohol. Almost all wetting agents are diluted Triton-X 100. Photo Flo 200 contains this and another wetting agent. The usual problem is using too much. The Photo Flo and rubbing alcohol formula I posted should work as well as LFN, the choice is whatever is cheaper.

---