[pure-silver] Re: chips in bottom of fixer bottle

  • From: Janet Cull <janetgcull@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 15:28:31 -0400

It's dark brown (so I can't see really well to the bottom) plastic. I put hot water in and agitate it. Yes, they're very thin dark slivers - presumably from the bottom. I don't know if they were safe lying there, but I've broken and stirred them up - or if tiny particles of *that* were my trouble before. If I had a way to get a new one right now I would just toss that bottle and start over. For now I'm holding off on processing film. I don't want more gunk on my film.

I just wanted to know if that was unusual to find, if you all encountered that, or how you avoided it.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Janet Cull" <janetgcull@xxxxxxxxx>