[pure-silver] Re: Wrinkles

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 08:45:31 -0800 (PST)

It's fine to do so in winter BUT there is a time limit as once larger prints
like 16x20 become bone dry.  I wouldn't put large prints in the dry mount press
at the stage as they tend to get creases that will not come out via re-soaking.

I run a small humidifier 24/7 and that helps control the rate of drying and
helps (I hope) keep a little moisture in the prints which is necessary for good
flattening.

If I finish printing late I can put the washed prints on the screens and
re-soak in the morning or, in some cases with smaller prints (5x7, 8x10, 11x14)
go directly to the dry mount press to flatten.  In the latter case it does help
to have had the humidifier running all night.

The other option is to leave them in the wash tank/tray overnight but that may
or may not be detrimental to the paper and may or may not wash out the optical
brighteners.

Eric