[pure-silver] Re: Worlds Fastest Camera Defies Gravity...

  • From: Peter Badcock <peter.badcock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 10:33:59 +1000

On 6/6/05, Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Electrolytic caps are notorously unreliable. The voltage
> rating of the capacitor will stay at its rated value only so
> long as the capacitor is used.
 I never realised this ! I knew they sometimes leak and usually only last 20
to 30 years or so, but I had no idea of the likely mechanism or how to
potentially avert it. I have some old power amps with hundreds of 1000's of
micro farads of caps in total in them, maybe I should just turn them on
every now and again to help stave of self destruction....
regards
Peter Badcock