[pure-silver] Re: Worlds Fastest Camera Defies Gravity...

  • From: Ray Rogers <earthsoda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 16:15:25 -0700 (PDT)

Very interesting...

What is a potato gun?

What is it for?

Were you just following a plan or did you understand
the design of the strobe?

I ask because I have set of nonworking light-weight
location strobes... the insides of which are amazingly
simple, and I was thinking I might be able to figure
out type and value of the burnt out capcitor
and replace it...

of course, it might be wise to figue why it burnt out
in the first place.

I had two types of these portable lights... one was
the regular type that ran on live power, but the one I
had a special affection for was (I belive) a Ballcar
rechargeable strobe. These were amazing in that you
charged a battery pack, then disconnected the live
power and were then free to take the strobe on
location, in the field where there was no live power
source.

Didn't fire all that many times, but enough for most
simple jobs.

"... when I aimed the radar gun at an old oak tree
it said the tree was moving at 30 mph."

Hummmm,
Better tie a yellow ribbon 'round that one!

Ray