[pure-silver] Re: What happens when XTOL dies

  • From: "Koch, Gerald" <gkoch02@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 09:34:57 -0500

Yes the formula I quoted contains 100 g of sodium sulfite.  The pH of
ID-68 should be higher than that of the Microphen substitute since the
borax to boric acid ratio is higher.  Everything is pretty much the same
between the two.

The published pH of fresh Microphen according to Ilford in 8.67 - 8.93