[pure-silver] Re: Weird Film Issue

  • From: Tim Daneliuk <tundra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 11:40:01 -0500

On 05/07/2012 10:58 AM, Jean-David Beyer wrote:
Tim Daneliuk wrote:
<SNIp>

So if you are going to get pin holing _after processing_, from where
would the carbonate come? Would there be any left after the film was in
the stop bath and the (usually) acid fixing bath?

It seems to me that unless you are using an alkaline processing
technique, you should be safe to put a little acid in a post hypo-clear
rinse if you think it is necessary to clear hardness from the film.

Ah, sorry, I was referring to it only in the context as a stop bath.
I acknowledge that the  pinholing risk even there is small these
days,  I just don't feel like recalibrating my workflow.  In a
running water stop, development continues briefly, whereas it
pretty much stops immediately in contact with an acid stop bath.