[pure-silver] Re: VC printing equipment Was: Replacement forBromofort paper;

  • From: Charlie Thorsten <charlie_thorsten@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 15:55:05 -0700 (PDT)

--- "J. Stewart" <jrstewart@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I read on photo.net that VC FB falls
> a bit short when you
> need long scale, e.g., a #1 paper grade. Do you
> find that to be true?

Very low contrast (grade 1) tends to look better
with graded papers.  VC papers have a hard time
achieving maximum black with a grade 1 or 0.  The
best VC paper I've tried in regards to this is
Agfa Multicontrast Classic.  But Galerie or
Bergger grade 1 in Selectol-Soft is still a better
combination IMHO.  Personally I tend to print at
least grade 2 or stronger, so it's rarely an issue
for me.

> Also, I suspected under the lens filtration would
> degrade quality, but is it
> noticeable? Thanks!

You'd think so, but honestly it really doesn't
as long as your filters are clean and relatively
new.

-Charlie