[pure-silver] Re: Tray Ladders

  • From: Claudio Bonavolta <claudio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 17:34:17 +0200

For my sink, I've preferred to use MDF which is stable and doesn't crack or
delaminate.
I treated it with two layers of a very fluid varnish that goes deep into the
wood's pores as to make it as waterproof as possible and finally 2-3 layers of
bi-component polyurethane paint, the heavy duty one used for garage floors
(that thing stinks as hell when wet but has no odor once dried).
It's working fine for 8 years now and shows only light signs of wear.

I'm pretty sure a tray ladder made this way should also last pretty long.

Claudio Bonavolta
www.bonavolta.ch